Thursday, January 6, 2011

On Irony

Together, Shakti and I have manifested a space where we are both hOMe - with a supportive foundation under our feet that is the supple platform from which we can continue to launch our selves - as well as where YOU can cOMe
and not just BE but also
(re)Create your Self.

What is ironic is that a "Self-Creation" Studio is exactly what my ex-boyfriend
envisioned creating - a movement studio where people can gather,
enjoy coffee and conversation, and dive into existential theory found on
bookshelves all the while investigating and re-imagining other ways of Be-ing in this world. When he spoke of this dream, visions of people, having arrived and busily teaching themselves, danced before my eyes. I never anticipated that I would be the one manifesting this fantasy.

He and I could have done this together - in the blink of an eye. Yet, no matter how pure my intentions were, we could never meet in an agreed upon middle. As I have painfully learned, no matter how passionately I believe that another and I can exist in a partnership where our strengths are celebrated, our weaknesses complemented and the mirror reflections that lay all around us honored, I can not force my idea of "love" upon anyone. From the get-go, his path was chosen and the world travels that he envisioned for himself never included me. For over three years, I stubbornly clung to my idealist notion of "LOVE," and I refused to let go - of someone who simply could not and did not want to meet me there and of a relationship that, therefore, did not feed my spirit.
(Today, I try to say, "Au revoir," to such gents more quickly. Though, it's a hard lesson to learn.)

So, I honor him. He, who taught me much. He who had the daring to dream such a dream. He who loves Bruce Lee and emulates his look, his moves, his philosophy and, even, his power. He who also suffered as a result of my inability to make a decision and stick with it, as well as my refusal to listen and to trust.
He who showed me that intuition is not a woman's power but, rather, it is a deeply HUMAN power that is rooted in our EarthBody connection. He who demonstrated how to be like water and how to respond from one's present instincts - in this moment, n-o-w.
Yes, I honor him.
"Muchas gracias, MAAG. Muchas gracias."