Monday, January 31, 2011

Rubbing Up Against The Edges (Or, Pressing Up Against God)

"You must endure the turbulence of change in order to grow."
--Paolo Friere

This time, n-o-w, has me rubbing up against
the edges.
A consistent pressure builds between all that I have known and the daily, small steps I must now take towards the divine path that beckons. I walk forward, into its continued unfolding, even as the act itself makes for an uncomfortable ride. There is no more denying this great ancestral call. A distant sound, it has traveled millions of light years to arrive here, now, and can no longer be evaded. There is to be no more running and hiding from destiny, from our shared evolution
churning.

Here, n-o-w,
we are.

This motion, like a great earthquake of seemingly disparate bodies wearing down the pointed sides of reason and the angular limitations of scarcity, eventually leads to:
A Breakthrough - an uprising of new earth; a culmination of potent terrain prime for new growth and abundant life; creation itself.

("What do you want to grow?" I ask you now just as I once asked myself last summer. Then, I scrawled my answers in colorful pen across a large piece of paper and now I continue to sit with my intentions as I visualize and see them in my mindbody and soulspirit's eye.)

However, now is the time for chafing. The rubbing up against cannot be denied, especially here in the downtown, city center where, whenever we step outside the safe cocoon of our humble Hive, we are faced with an onslaught of human suffering. We smell its pungent stench of stale alcohol and sharp piss. We hear its screeching halt of metal on metal, of a civilization careening on a brink. We taste its bitter poison hanging above our heads in a foggy marine layer. Noxious fumes of thick exhaust rush into our pores. There is no escape.

On Friday night, Samuel referred to the practice of Yoga or Art as a means with which to channel and offer an energetic gift. He also spoke of how, after ~10,000 hours spent practicing either of these, one "presses up against God." And, I think, that's what I've been doing all along.