Friday, August 3, 2012

FEAR


(Recommendation: Play both of these videos at the same time, & turn down the volume on the Love frequency by just a few notches.)

Stopping me dead in my tracks, FEAR has laid waste to my Spirit as my mind spins in circles.
Rendering my body paralyzed and immobile, I fall victim to its slumbering ways, pulling a warm comforter over my head and wishing it all - including this life - away.  "Maybee tomorrow," becomes the salve for my sinking soul.  For far too long, however, tomorrow always came, bringing with it the popular refrain.  "No, but..."  "You can't..."  "You're not good enough..."  "Why do you deserve?" 

Then, one day, not too many months ago I realized that I could stop running from my feelings and rather just sit in them.  "I'm afraid," I spoke for no one but myself and the Universe to hear.  "I have this song in my heart that I must sing, and I don't know how." 


"Please, help me."   

Each time I have done that, the Universe has responded.

I recommend this tool for your back pocket.

As a result of my "Sitting In It," I am learning how to walk my path today - baby step by baby step.  A slight forward rocking is all that's necessary to discover myself creating new community, embodying my work and living my dreams. 

"I don't get it.  How come fear with music?" she innocently inquires.  "Some believe that the popular tunes that inundate our ears via the radio and other mainstream sources have been intentionally set at a specific frequency - one that endeavors the tightest of constriction and the most negative of responses within the human body." 
"Oh."