Thursday, August 30, 2012

READ, ii


So, SEX, YES!  These books, for us western women, are representations of our collective reclamation of our VIBRANT, EXTREMELY POTENT and POWERFULLY SEXUAL BODIES.  I don't know about you but, biologically speaking, I am at the peak of my sexual development and, for years now, I've experienced my sex as Ani DiFranco sung, "My cunt is built like a wound that won't heal."  Only, my cunt isn't wounded and it doesn't need to be healed in that sense.  What it needs is play, stimulation and orgasmic release.  It needs LOVE, touch and penetration.  And, it wants it more often than not.  In fact, my sexual appetite far outweighs that of any man whom I have been with.  It's a deep, black pit of insatiable need.  "Feed me," she purrs. 

I've been this way since I was a little girl and I was forced to sit with my legs closed as my sex throbbed while a language, that I didn't understand as having any real meaning to my life, was drilled into my head for repetition's sake; trying to fit me into a world that I no longer recognize or even feel like I belong in.  "What is 12 times 12?" the flashcard reads and it all feels so inconsequential to this pulse that's racing through my body!  A round circle forced into a square peg just doesn't fit.

I type this now not to brag nor to advertise but because I am just like every other woman.  This Is Our Feminine Power & Birthright - it is the MAGIC & MEDICINE that has been beaten, repressed, suppressed and mercilessly drained from our veins for millennium.  The systemic misogyny of raping & pillaging our feminine life force, including this Earth's, is an essential element of rationale, reasoning and capitalism - in other words, the blatant disconnect of our minds from our bodies is exactly situated in this sexism.  But I digress.