Friday, August 10, 2012

TEST, test, test'ing

“‘My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer,’ the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky. ‘Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.’

“There was a language in the world that everyone understood, a language the boy had used throughout the time that he was trying to improve things at the shop. It was the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired.”  --from Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist

Exactly three years ago, I began a journey towards fulfilling my highest purpose and living my life on point with my whole Self leading the way.  At the time, I was reflecting back on the words of Paolo Coehlo that had stuck with me since first reading his book, The Alchemist, after the turn of the 21st century.  I've always felt that I was born onto this planet at this time now for a very specific reason, I had simply lacked the courage of committing to my dream.  I didn't have any sense then of what this song in my heart is, I only knew that I must take steps towards it.  The process has been both brilliant and messy; I've made plenty of mistakes and I've suffered along the way. 

“Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”

If you were to spend any intimate time with me now, then you would hear me speaking about how I have been addressing my wounded masculine.  I've come to feel like my shield is in shambles, broken in pieces at my feet as I don't know how or when to defend myself from the barbed attacks by those closest to me, and I've also felt like my sword is dripping with the blood of innocent others whom I, out of my ignorance and fear, lash out at for the smallest infraction.  I've been actively addressing this within me as a means of re-wiring my mis-connections.  What has become absolutely evident is that my only way forward is by my full commitment to the vision I so clearly see dancing in front of my brown eyes and singing in my heart.  So, this week, I did it - I declared for the Universe to hear,
"I'M ALL IN."


“What you still need to know is this: before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream. That’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one “dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.”

And, this week, true to form, the Universe is test, test, testing me.  "You say you're committed, Cara.  But how committed are you?" I imagine it is chuckling.  I've also been reflecting on poison and sweetness this week, and I've had poison spewed at me like a volcano from the lips of a community member; I've had two of my closest others offering me poison in a bottle to drink; I've watched an uninformed friend unintentionally speak for those who would rather see our food supply eradicated of all things living; my own dog nipped me in the arm and then attacked two other defenseless dogs and I could go on and on.  I won't though.  Because I'm all in!  With my shield in tact and my sword at my side, I assert my boundaries and ask for my needs to be met.  I'll buy a muzzle for my dog, and I've already typed compassionate words of education.  I say "No, thank you," to the poison and "YES, PLEASE!" TO THE SWEET NECTAR & RICH, NUTRITIOUS HONEY! 



“Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.”
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”