Monday, December 3, 2012

Keepin' It Lubed

I fell out of Grandmother today.
Heeding Regal's call to be with Nature as a response to my most recent bout of
writer's block, I climbed into her thick, welcoming arms.
While penning Regal's sage words in my writing pad right there in that tree, I turned my head and noticed that he was the same man who was laying under a small palm while napping on the ground down below me.
"What a surprise to wake and find you here," he jovially said as he came to from his afternoon slumber.  "Every writer needs to take naps," he wisely advised, before he made his way towards the downtown city center, where the filth and grime inspires his inner Yeats.

For the past week, I've been reflecting on HUMILITY and working to keep myself in check.
"Bee humble, Cara," I say, as I wade deeper into the waters of pruning back my relationship with fear both with myself as well as in regards to my intimacies with others.

Today, as I deftly walked up in the branches of that century-old tree, I smirked at my confidence with each step.  Ha!  On my way down, the name of a friend's dog blared through my mind.  "Goose," was what my mind was screaming.  "Whose dog is that?" I wondered, as my mind took me out of the moment, and my foot tripped on a gray root.  I fell down and forward, breaking my fall with my right, first knuckle and scraping my leg near my rattlesnake scar.  "Ouch," I cried, gently picking myself up, as I held my hand to my heart.  "That hurt ~ really badly."

Naturally, my BodyMind wants to know the lesson of today's fall.  I'm definitely not being present, and my lack of presence is dangerous.  I also reflected on yesterday's session of dance church.  I haven't been a very faithful practitioner of late, truth be told.  I've been highly distracted by the words that I'm trying to give birth to, so I've been staying home, convincing myself that I'll write when, in reality, I'm not.  I also know full well that moving my body is exactly what my mind needs in order to release and let go!  Ai! 

So, I went to a silent Sunday of cathartic surrender and full be-ing exercise and my body reveled in the complete abandon.  Keeping this tool, known as my body, flowing and lubricated, means that I can continue to take those physical and emotional risks that my SoulSpirit simply longs for.  Because one fact of LIFE is that no matter what road I choose or what path I take, moments will arise in which I will get HURT.  And, though I cannot dictate or control what levels and degrees of hurt I will experience in this lifetime, I can certainly take action steps towards ways that help to offset my pain.   

Yes, there is a dull throbbing in my hand as well as a nice bump on my leg.  It's a sweet reminder that I am ALIVE.  YES!