Sunday, December 23, 2012

Lovers, Brothers and Sisters, II

Lately, others are remarking as to how centered, calm and peaceful I feel.  Yes, there's been growth in my personal development, no doubt, AND I have been discovering my sanity by really allowing myself to receive LOVE from others.  Specifically, I look into the warm, open eyes of a few of my sisters/best friends, and I feel deep, feminine LOVE reflected right back to me as I also see gorgeous, powerful women who come from an Earth-based ethos that values family and friendship.  Though our dark features are similar in resemblance, we come more recently from farther stretches of the globe - Armenia, Mexico City and Pakistan.  Basking in our relating, I carry with me the profound knowledge that who I am at my core - open and inquiring, honest and caring, loving and nurturing - is truly something quite spectacular.

In our sisterhood, I've come to realize that my ability to give and receive love to and from my brothers is just as vital a need in my life.  I must offer my sweet affection to my brothers, without fear of what it could mean or where it could lead just, as I do with my sisters.  It is essential to my well-being that I respect men just as I do women.  The more I eschew upon how we are each Kings and Queens, the more I've been experiencing this kind of relating with men.  Naturally, I am drawing to myself others who also want to deepen and connect by letting go of their past patterns of relating to woman as object, for example, and who are, instead, entering into divine moments of relating that are LOVING simply because this is our nature, not because of what outcome could result.  Together, we offer each other our individual medicine as we also practice for the moments when "right" timing and circumstance unfolds and our royal counterparts dance right into our lives.

On 12/21/2012, I talked about the subject of LOVE with two of my brothers. "Possession isn't LOVE," R. emphatically stated.  And, I agreed, proclaiming "I need to be free and wild."  He continued, "I want to be open to what life can bring yet, even though I usually run in the other direction when a woman mentions the m-word, monogamy is ultimately what I want."   So, I reflect on how I've been calling in "my" King and I recognize that, really, what I want is our King - a leader for the people, by the people, who is benevolent and kind.  I have also continued to hear my peers perpetuate the silly human desire to sculpt "the One."  "I just want a good, kind man whom I can share my bed and sex life with," is my immediate response when my sisters get caught up in defining what clothes he wears, what he looks like or how he acts - "A true huMAN - humble, humorous, and full of a lightness of being that allows for the totality of life on planet Earth!"