Friday, December 28, 2012

MAGIC LOVE

"Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and 
unless that affinity is created in a moment, 
it will not be created for years or even generations."  
--Kahlil Gibran


It's the most potent force known to MAN.  Nothing can ever destroy it.  It's what we both leave behind and take with us.  It's LOVE.  It's all my Spirit has ever dreamed of and hoped for.  And, then, there were too many years trying to hide and pretend like it wasn't a desperate need; too much time spent hoarding my heart's song or, even worse, greedily taking the sweet melody from others without offering anything in return.  LOVE. 
And, true to form, the pattern repeats, karma is a bitch and you pretend like this is all meaning-less.
Damn you.

So, I am in LOVE with you and it is no fun.  "But I don't use words like LOVE, 'cuz words like that don't matter, but don't look so offended, you know you should be flattered.  And I wake up in the night, in some big hotel bed, my hands grasp for the light, my hands grasp for my head, and the world is my oyster, the road is my home, and I know I am better, I am better, I am better off alone."  

These are actually Ani DiFranco's words.  Ain't nothing like a Righteous Babe to keep my eyes on the prize and to continually remind myself that I can build my own empire "out of car tires and chicken wire."  So, I build forward
without you
and it is no fun.