Monday, September 17, 2012

forest FIRE


Tonight, I passionately waxed upon how fu$ked up life is outside of our American house's door.  One of my house mates feels energetically taxed and she believes it is because of our collective.  I couldn't help, however, but to point out that she spends 40 hours a week, 8 hours a day, in front of a computer, doing work that really doesn't have much meaning to her life and that provides very little regenerative exchange for her - aside from the relatively fat paycheck she puts into her pocket twice a month.  To top it off, she spends upwards of 5 hours per week in her car, driving back and forth to said job as the roads are chock full with other people doing the exact same thing around her.  I don't know about you but whenever I spend too much time in the car (commuting, not traveling) - no matter how much singing I do, eventually the music also becomes routine - and, whenever I have to deal with a lot of traffic in cramped spaces - such as, strip malls where way too many single occupancy cars drive around looking to fill some need that quick consumption can never alleviate - I become irritable.  I become frustrated that it should take 30 minutes to travel upwards of 2 miles!  In fact, it just happened the other day, when I went to pick my mother up from a strip mall hair salon.  It wasn't fun and thank God it's not my pattern, so I breathed through my discomfort.

This isn't living.  Yet, here we are - day in and day out - running off to jobs that pay the bills, meanwhile the technology we've created has become our childrens' babysitters.  We're sedate and comatose, with our noses firmly tucked into our iPhones.  We no longer wish to be bothered by the world around us.  Connection has become something we do solely through our fingertips - Don't bother me, I'm busy sexting a guy I met last week.  LMAO.