Saturday, September 15, 2012

our BODY never LIES, II

iv.
I showed up for myself and lovingly sent my plea out into the Universe.  "Help," I inquired.  "I need help."  Carlos showed up at my table, approaching 70 with a soft, Italian accent, he wanted to converse with me about the book he was carrying in his arm.  I randomly opened it to a page that spoke of "Depression."  Brushing him off for a good five minutes until I remembered that I had asked for help and that the Universe responded within hours, I joined him outside on the patio where he was sitting with his book, Energy Tapping.  I showed him the note I had written, requesting for very specific guidance.  "I don't know about numerology or symbolism, and this isn't about your ancestral bloodline.," he spit out.  His resistance mirroring my own.  "This is about your lifetime now and you need to shift the messages you negatively internalized as a child.  I had to do it with my mother," he shared.  "I had to go back into her womb and tell myself that I am wanted and loved."

v.  
As a child coming home from elementary school, I pretended that I had a headache and didn’t feel well so that I could gain my mother’s sympathy immediately upon walking in through the front door.  My mother, a generous and humorous storyteller who came from her own background of dysfunction, was also a steaming volcano.  Filled with rage and other repressed emotion, her triggers were found inside of the house where spilled milk, dirty dishes and kids just being kids could set her off – spewing venomous words, hands and arms flying like ash and landing as slaps to the face, as fists pulling at hair, and as hands wielding a leather belt to be struck against bare skin.  Eventually, every child grows into an age where she runs away from this pain and trauma – she runs laps around the coffee table in the living room escaping the mad woman just behind her; she runs over to friends’ houses with or without leaving a note; and she runs into substances, like marijuana, to help dull the ache that time cannot easily erase.