Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Breakthrough, III

In those moments, we weren't quite equipped to give our brother what he needed most.  And, it was a little bit of a messy, bumbling ride.  What to do?  Keep on keepin' on.  Eventually, the discomfort subsided, the music turned up and the living room transformed into a white spaceship blasting off into eternity. 

Still exhausted from the days of playing in tribe that the full, Harvest Moon brought out in me, I laid on the floor and enjoyed the show.  My brothers, with chests bared and sweat dripping down their backs, jumped, dived and rolled over, around and on top of one another.  They supported each others' weight.  They remembered how to just Bee, together.  I clapped joyously, capturing some moments on my trust camera and simply reveled in the sight.  Finally.  Thank God.

The palpable discomfort from our conversational circle was eventually transmuted as the men ran into and over one another.  With gratitude in our hearts, we closed our circle, said some goodbyes and fell into our individual piles on the floor.  Sleep ran deep, warming our collective space.  This morning, we arose with smiles on our lips and choosing to revisit anything unsaid from the evening before that needed to be completed.

Given spaciousness of time, our brother from the night before spoke to what he did not get a chance to express.  Personally, he is someone whom I have known since the night of the Prosperity Hive's birth and fear arises for me in our personal dance.  I am scared of what he wants from me and, as a result, I tend to keep my distance.  I push away, as I am too adept at doing.  Yet, here was an opportunity, to sink in and explore my own resistance.  After he finished sharing, and the space had fairly emptied out, I offered, "Can I hold you?"

Cradling him like a baby in my arms, we spoke softly of this now, of our shared deep fear of vulnerability and of how this is exactly what our world needs.  It's so simple - we just need to hold each other and feel acknowledged.  A few tears ran from one of my eyes and dribbled down my cheek as I gazed off into the eastern horizon where a warm, southern sun was beginning to make it's way overhead.  A new day has begun.