Monday, October 29, 2012

The End.

Happy #36 To Me~!

TRANSFORMATION:
I just shared with B.L. how transformative of an experience my birthday was when, after gathering my nearest and dearest around me, I looked into all of their eyes and I spoke these words, "I am already successful beyond my wildest dreams because I Have You."

TRUTH:
In the end, what it comes down to isn’t about critical theory, rational thought, or academic scholarship.  In the end, what it comes down to isn’t about a humanist philosophy, a dialogic lexicon, or a rebellious constitution.  In the end, what it all comes down to is a mystery - the mystery of why we are here, and for what our purpose is; the mystery of why we hurt, and for why we choose to love; the mystery of life as we know it, and the art that we create in attempting to understand, shape, and define it.

For the mystery is beyond.  It cannot be thought, let alone defined.  It can only be felt, sensed, deeply experienced, and embodied.  Sometimes, some of us tune in to this pulsating beat and pen, photograph, paint, and even dance that which cannot be rationally understood.  Other times, most of us simply attempt to understand it through the processes of our own messy, creative practices.  Most times, however, it is a mystery what any one of us, in any given moment, is attempting to relay. Nonetheless, the mystery remains.  And this, my beloved community, is the nature of art and life at its finest.