Tuesday, August 13, 2013

page 4: The Essence of All Sciences

                                                               (click for link)
 
"If you know the value of every article of merchandise,
but don't know the value of your own soul,
it will have all been pointless.
You have come to know the fortunate and inauspicious stars,
but you don't know whether you yourself are fortunate or unlucky.
This, this is the essence of all sciences,
that you should know who you will be,
when the Day of Reckoning arrives." 
~~~Rumi, Mathnawi III, 2652-54

It's a small, pocket-sized book on a white countertop in her City Heights' kitchen.
I pick it up, while she is off turning raw food into a dessert and her three golden children
watch children's anime - a Manga cartoon about a girl vampire - upstairs.

My left hand flips it open after typing words, only hours previously,
as to how worth and value can only bee defined by One's Self.

I am still tired.

My mind has an addiction to an idea.  It's a story that I need deep, dark, REM time
every night, or else I am energetically unsustainable.  This tale, however, does not really serve my highest good.  Can I transend it?  Shall I try?  Or, shall I simply bend to the belief system that I am a human body in motion and need a full 'recharge'?  If I don't, are my actions only serving to make me more machine-like?  We shall see what life brings.

"It's Tantra," she says, after I silently watch her from beehind the screen door.  Bending down on a dusk-lit sidewalk, she greets the neighborhood cat with a "Meow" of her own. 

"Presence.  Making LOVE in every moment.  Flirting with each opportunity." 
 
THIS IS IT! 

And, we sink into our shared knowing that there is nothing to bee missed, that this is absolutely enough and that it's perfect. 
 
Change is inevitable and evolution is ongoing.
 
The Mystery remains and cannot bee defined.

WE LIVE IN OUR BODIES,
we connect with our heArts.
WE DANCE.
ON AND ON AND ON!

(Click Here for a Little "Gift" - "The Secrets to a Fulfilling Life")