Thursday, October 28, 2010

It IS Personal

Yesterday's writing was all about "the Gift."
My gift.
Your gift.
Our gift.
What we were brought into this world to do.
Why we're here.
You know...

I waxed poetically and, yet, I neglected to share with you
what I feel are the God(dess)-given gifts that I was born with.
I'm getting to it...

First, I want to offer extreme gratitude to the now-faceless acquaintance who
spoke my gifts to me while at Jenn Shultz's bday soiree back in September.
If you recall, I have spent the past year simply working on my
listening.
(Amazingly, I was bestowed the gift of listening in on a telephone conference with the executive producer of the next big thing in the human potential and transformative thought movement.)

I think it was Nirvair, actually.  While at Jenn's Golden Hill pad, I mentioned to him that I had recently been contemplating, both alone and with others, an idea that he espouses, which is: much like the estimated time in which our planet will revolve around our sun, he believes that our souls make 8 million trips in this "lifetime." 
(Yeowsas!  That's a lot of karma!)


Recently, I've spent some time testing my big toe in the waters of one specific body of work that shares the yoga/power/alchemy of Kundalini.  What I resonated most with was the thought of "soul-consciousness." The author writes about the transformative period that we now found ourselves within as also being about shifting from God-consciousness to soul-consciousness - from thinking that enlightenment is found outside of the body and not here on planet Earth to embodying God here, now, in the everyday of our sacred and profane lives.  I am/you are/we are God.  Yes, this I feel. 

So, then Nirvair mentions the fact that as embodiments of God we are each granted a gift, as in that which we were born to do.  He looked right at me, and spoke two words as examples.  "Such as gifts for connection and expression, Cara," he said with a twinkle in his vibrant eye and a smile on his white bearded face.  "Oh, right," I thought.  "Duh."