Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On Feedback (Oh, how I love thee!)

So, what compels one to send blither-less blather into the internet ether with the push of a button and the ramble of a finger? 
BEats the hell outta me.

Immediate gratification?
Perhaps.  
(Or, is it certainly?) 
Fantastical illusions of living one's own reality soap series?
(My shit certainly beats the likes out of any"Jersey Shore."  Oh wait.  My mum is a Jersey girl...)
Celebrity culture?
Sure, we call all point our fingers and judge.  But, what's the point?
It just is.  Ya know?
It just is.




Yet, there are those few moments in time when someone shares, "Cara, I found your blog - your writing is touching me," and I think "Yes!  This IS it."  
(I can't help it.  I was born this way.  Ask my sister.  I'd wander around the Bay Area and lament, "But the people don't talk to each other [on BART].  They just sit there, with their noses stuffed in books."  And she'd come back with, "Cara, after working all day, and then returning home to family life, most people want peace and comfort.  They don't want to be bothered by the ridiculous antics of strange others.")
Now, I'd say in response, "But we need each other.  We're tired and we're bored and we're sick and we're dying because we're too busy tending to other people's work.  We are exhausted from pretending that we are do-ing something.  So much so that, unfortunately, life's biggest lesson could be sitting there on the chair directly across from us but we're too preoccupied with our own boredom to pay attention!  And, that's the saddest part of all."
Friday's coach said "Intimacy = in to me, see."  And, it works.  We become intimate by exposing our ugly, dark and shameful parts along with the all of the good stuff that we present to the world.  
AND, here's another way to view intimacy: in to me, I see.  
Here's my trick: Every person, place and thing my eyes fall upon is a MIRROR.  "What beautiful lesson does this gift have to impart to me today?" is how I try to view the world.  Sometimes, I fail miserably because I am tired, hungry, cold, hurting, et al.  Hell, I'M HUMAN!  Most of the time, though, I simply try to view life through this lens.  
Try it.
You might like it.




So, here's some AmaZing feedback that Gaialove posted to this here blog recently.  I LOVE how she brought the topic of sacred sexuality and, more specifically, the divine masculine back around to FOOD and FOOD SAFETY.  
Right.
The is WHY I, personally, NEED others in my life.  I can get off on my tangents but then someone rad like Gaialove, or my girl Franny, always brings it back to today's pressing global humanity concerns: Food and Sustainability. 




Gaialove said...
Cara,
Everything you wrote is so descriptive; and descriptive of you- the mountain lion, the chi gong stance, the full moon setting in the west, the tantra, the intrigue, the listening. I see it and feel it and I love it!

It is so interesting about the Divine Feminine and Masculine. I have been paying special attention to the Divine Masculine within and he is so cool. He is so reliably here for me, as long as I maintain my dialogue and knowing that I can count on him. For now, he provides and protects (so much so that it leaves little room for other physical males to come in). My Divine Feminine is nurtured by him and she is well, becoming more patient, better able to nurture and more balanced. My inner dialogue today was about invoking the inner child- she has had a rough ride since the divorce and has been dampened by the loss and hiding under the covers for some time.

I want to add something about the Masculine, especially pertaining to the realm of food and nutrients. Books from the 363 section of the library (environmental health and science) discuss studies of different species, esp. in terms of reproduction.  In light of the "food" atrocities, problems with gmo's and pesticides, etc. problems show up in the male species first.  Hence, sperm counts and sexual ambiguity can result. These issues are not well researched and the conversations only happen intimately around our kitchen tables - not within a larger cultural discussion.  It's like the subtlety of food sensitivities, or allergens- so many people are used to fatigue, attention deficit, grouchiness, or depression that they don't simply link the way they feel to what they eat.
Likewise, people are increasingly used to difficulty conceiving so they don't connect it to environmental poisons or media-based brainwashing.   I think the expression of the Divine Masculine and his ability to be the shore that lies with the river's flow, or to provide, or to protect, or to be erect, is also the masculine that absorbs nutrients, that cleanses his system, that physically exerts his strength to stay fit, that demands and tolerates only real food, and strives to make sure that his WHOLE family, has the same opportunities to be fed and nourished physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.