Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On Commitment

It was only last year, when I committed to my path and to what Paolo Coelho would describe as one's "personal legend."  My experiences, over the course of this past year, have brought so much expansion into my life.  I am deeply and extremely grateful for the luck, privilege, fortune and opportunity of Be-ing alive, n-o-w. 

Thank you.

However, I must confess that it was not until this past summer when blatant signs and immediate markers started popping up in my everyday life on a regular basis.  What I am referring to here is all of the 'synchronicity' that I have been writing about of late.  It has now come to be that I no longer believe in "coincidences" - things happen for a reason, of this I no longer have any doubt.


So, mainly, I have just been trying to listen.  Back in July, what I heard - at least five times over - was the same repeated name for the transformational seminar that I tried to attend this past weekend.  In lieu of judging the message, and instead of making up reasons for why I could not explore the message further, I have been surrendering to its call.  Thus, along with listening, I have been actively expanding upon my ability to respond.  "What nugget of truth awaits me in this experience?" is the question that I use for laying down my defenses and offering up a blank slate, ready and willing to absorb the magic in the moment.     


I take back what I wrote a few posts ago when I, mistakenly, referred to the seminar manager as a "moron."  (Ouch.  Honestly, I try to not point fingers and name call.  I guess my ego was a little bruised...)  He was right.  I did not plan well enough ahead as I have not been taking good enough care of myself.  For years now I have known that my body suffers from dehydration and that I am especially vulnerable to debilitating migraines (they're my main malaise) on the first, full day of my cycle.  And, though I used to think that it was because I was salt-deficient, now I know it's because I do not get enough greens in my everyday diet.  The minerals and nutrients in green plant life would help my body to absorb and maintain the moisture I need to keep my phBalance at healthy levels.

Nonetheless, I have been denying myself what I need - for years now.