Thursday, February 14, 2013

VDay ~ LOVE sweetness


Valentine's Day 2013

How are YOU LOVING YOURSELF?

My Divine Masculine took my Divine Feminine out for a long, bike ride this morning.  Down through the city, around the harbor and back.  Along the way, the chain on my single-track, blue Elvis cruiser came off.  My Divine Masculine came to my rescue - his fingers grimy with black grease, he flipped the bike over when the problem could not easily be solved.  Along the way, as the thoughts slowly churned through my feminine BodyMind, he sang LOVE songs to help me ground into this now - where a thick marine layer was slow to lift off of the Pacific, seagulls chirped overhead and transients put their hands out for alms.   And, we just rode on by, singing:

"Gaileo's head was on the block, crime was looking up the truth
and as the bombshells of my daily fears explode
I tried to chase them to my youth.
Then you had to bring up reincarnation
over a couple of beers the other night
and now I'm serving time for mistakes made by another in another lifetime.
How long 'till my soul gets it right?
Will any human being ever reach that kind of light?
I call on the resting soul
Gaileo
King of night vision
King of insight...."  -- the Indigo Girls

"I pick you up in and in the trunk I've packed
a cooler and a dirty suitcase
cuz' there's a place we like to drive way out of the city
five miles out of the city limit we're singing and
your hand's upon my knee
so we're okay,
we're fine,
baby I'm here to stop your crying
chase all the ghosts from your head
stronger than the monster beneath your bed
smarter than the tricks played on your heart
look at them together, then we'll take them apart
adding up the total of a LOVE that's TRUE
multiply LIFE by THE POWER of TWO"  --Indigo Girls

BALANCE