Monday, October 7, 2013

a few thoughts on LOVE

"You need to write about me more," he cajoles.
"Ha!  You need to write about yourself," is what I think,
but I don't say it.

My appreciation for him is profound.  Finally, after all these years
of just wanting someone to practice LOVE with, here he is -
ready and willing.  It's not rocket science, ya know?

It's simple.

Consistently choosing to fully accept someone and to love him or her unconditionally.
Meaning not: I love you, but please don't wear that shirt.  Or, I love you - now can you connect me to your wide web of 500 followers?  Meaning: I just love you.  Period.  You don't have to do anything for me to love you.  And, you don't have to give me anything.  I just love you.

Having a solid, foundational base called friendship that is the platform from where 
a desire to communicate all that needs to bee expressed resides.
Meaning not: I expect you to bee a mind reader so I will withhold communicating any of my "needs" to you.  Meaning: This is a small thing, but I am just curious what your current relationship to online dating looks like?  Or, this is important to me,  can you please not use your iphone - unless it is an emergency - while we are eating meals together?

Releasing any needs for a specific outcome and letting go of what tomorrow may, or may not,
bring. 
Meaning: It's okay that we have different desires in the long-term   We can trust that this is perfect now; we can love each other deeply and profoundly even if it, in this context, is not 'forever.'

Feeling inspired to keep showing up to this dance because this is the training ground for whatever is to come next -
whatever is to come next.

However, all of this beegins with the Self - Can you and do you accept yourself - as you are right now, in this moment; perfectly imperfect?  Are you honest with your self - about your needs and wants, your desires and dreams?  Can you let go of needing to bee right or perfect?  Can you let go of any ideas of who you think you are and, instead, allow yourself to bee shaped and transformed by new experiences?  Can you honor that just by simply bee-ing you are worthy of LOVE; that you are deserving? 

The other day, I said to him, "Ya know, I do really like who I am.  Bee-ing in intimate relating-ship is a wonderful opportunity for me to see myself and I like Me.  However, I don't feel the image in the looking glass mirror completely conveys what I feel on the inside, so I don't really like looking at my mirror reflection."  "How do you feel on the inside?" he inquired.  "Like a fat, jolly Buddha," i quickly chirped.  "Why don't you practice seeing this is the mirror then?" he advised. 
"Great idea!"
(And, that's many of the reasons why I love him.)