Saturday, November 3, 2012

good bye to you

(imagine a harmony with these words and, then, hear & feel the tune they would play over.
Now, sing... ; )

i said "goodbye" to you today.
i said goodbye to
the old me who didn't think she deserved
the full presence of another,
i said goodbye to the 
the person I once was who mistakenly thought
she deserved negative charges, projection & blame,
i said goodbye to you.

i said goodbye to you,
and you made it an argument.
i said goodbye to you
and i followed your lead, cuz i'm so good at following
i said goodbye to you
and you said goodbye to me
and now we're c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e.

i said goodbye to you the way I can't with my mother,
I said goodbye to you the way I can with no other,
i said goodbye to you

and now there's a knot in my shoulders,
because saying goodbye is painful
yet saying goodbye for all the right reasons
is saying goodbye to you.

i said goodbye to you today
and now there's nothing more to do.

Sometimes in  life, we have to say "Good bye."  Then, turning on a sure foot, we have to walk away.
Sometimes, it is our highest, collective good which requires this action from us.
BELIEF ALLOWS US THIS and we can let go without resentment or a painful hanging on.