Friday, November 2, 2012

WAKE UP

It's today's morning call.
WAKE UP.
It's not just a cry from my internal alarm clock,
beckoning me out of bed and into another day.  WAKE UP.
It's my noticing how my mind wants to rule some perceived show - always
chattering on and on about nothing consequential.  WAKE UP.
It's my choosing to stop
the
endless
chatter
and to sit in front of my altar.
BREATHE.  Take it in.
Don't rush off to what isn't.
WAKE UP.
Be here, with what is.
WAKE UP.
Just you (me)
alone in my room
the traffic whizzing by outside my east facing windows above 22nd Street
as I light a candle, waving a stick of Paolo Santo above it
and then using my Owl wing I smudge my own body
WAKE UP.

It's a text I sent to a sister who, when I ask for a ride to the same location,
her response is, "Even though it's out of my way..."
WAKE UP.
All relationships take us out of our way.
WAKE UP.
And, it's an email I sent to another sister who, just last night, referred to herself with the words,
"Fat Ass."
WAKE UP ~ Ms. Drop Dead Gorgeous with a Lilting Accent whose (meager) Feminine Curves
Gives the Rest of US Permission to Own Our Power.
WAKE UP!
wake up wake up wake up

I simply state to myself, as I sit here, at my beloved computer - a decade old it is! - doing what I have done, for so long.
WAKE UP, Cara.
You are talented, gorgeous, creative, brilliant & loving.
WAKE UP.
"You are PROSPERITY."

Wake up, friend.
You are amazing, powerful, a Creator and oh so loved!
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!