Saturday, November 10, 2012

the Lady in Red

Still Dancing...
"And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,
Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,
I have been blind...
The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side."  -- Chris de Burgh


I'm having a hard time letting go of an electric charge, and I'm inquiring if I'm holding on because of some twisted addiction I have to being rejected and judged.  I dunno.  It just seems that having my deepest core wounds torn open continually serves as a catalyst for me to produce beauty.  It's ironic how my passion tends to be rooted in this place.  So, I awoke this morning after a brilliant evening spent surrounded by some of my nearest and dearest while at a bar in Pacific Beach.  L.V. had lined up a dream - a night of dancing and singing along to the soulful sounds of Sister Speak, the Latin Reggae rhythms of Todo Mundo and the grooviest of groove funk by Groove Session.  All of which just so happened to fall  on the day of S's #26 birthday, thus it was a magical night that we had been excitedly anticipating.    

Naturally, I staked my claim of down front of the stage which, truth be told, my body actively protects in a very territorial sense.  Holding prime concert real estate for my soul family, I relish discovering myself enclosed in a tight space of writhing human bodies - with layers of my spiritual soul mates spiraling around me from my front to my back, and my left to my right.  It's one of the most divine dances of safety and comfort I have the pleasure of experiencing.  Meanwhile, back here at Las Raices, a South American shaman was singing his Icaros and holding his own healing space in the front room of my home.  Blessed!

Today, my morning bird alarm went off, as it always does, and I tended to our now two chickens.  Then, I pondered what to do next.  A few of the options I considered were:
A.)  I could stay in, make coffee at home, and write and reflect here until my house full of sleeping inhabitants fully awoke;
or B.)  I could do what has been my pattern for years now by walking over to the local coffee shop for my daily fix and to then climbing up into Grandmother Ficus over at the park for my writing and reflection. 
I chose, however, option C.
(For Cara)
Even though I declared that I would not change my patterns because of anyone, I wondered if I was rushing off towards that volcanic cafe on a golden hill simply to feed my unhealthy addiction: "I'll take another round of rejection and judgment, please."  And, well, I guess I'm kinda feeling done with my hurting as a means of my healing.  So, instead, I chose to hop on a bicycle and ride east towards La Mesa.   

Another evening of darkness and Icaros will be descending soon.  M. and S. will be joining me in the sacred circle tonight.  My intention is to continue releasing and shedding this skin as well as to fully step into and proclaim my Medicine Woman ways.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Until then, I encourage you to work with INTENTION as a tool for both purging from your life that which no longer serves you as well as calling in all that does.  The choice is merely up to you.

Now is the time.  Do yourself a favor - don't wait any longer.  2012 won't be here forever.  Universal motion is a vortex and today's current is moving swiftly.  With right intention and in right relations of yourself with our collective highest good, you can harness the power of this now to slingshot yourself into the stars.  What are you waiting for?