Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's Not Personal

Really.
Sometimes, it isn't even about"Me."
(You know, the person you think you're reading about.)
Okay, sometimes it may be about you - just a smidge.
Maybe, there was some interaction, a moment, a word,
shared between us and it somehow worked its way onto this screen.
Okay,
yes,
true.
However, even then, it isn't really about "You."
It's about "US."
And this moment now.
Our tale is universal.
Our suffering is relative.
Our collective hope is shared.

So, when I see you and I forget, that we've met, or your name, or whatever...
it's not personal.  Listen.  I have this friend, Mary.  I met her at an intimate potluck and
have run into her at many farm-to-table events across the county over the course of the past
year and a half.  AND, every time I see her, I have to remind her of my name.
It's not personal.
I love her!
And, who cares?
So, I throw my arms around her, chirp "Cara" into her ears and love her some more - exactly as we are, in that moment then.  Because its ALL we have (this now) and if I am not trying on this radical version of LOVE in as moments as are humanly possible n-o-w then I won't be reveling in it in some elusive future.  LOVE IS NOW.

Nonetheless, I AM SORRY for all of my little actions that have somehow
conveyed to you that I do not respect you or your time.  I am sorry if I have punctured you too deeply with my sword, if I've come across a vein and drained you of some of your life force in the process.
I am sorry for my flakiness, - for my flighty, airy ways that carry me on a breeze when
whim calls - especially if this "bad" habit of mine reflects a negative self-image for you.
I love you.
I honor you.
And, sometimes, I do that best by flying away.
Sometimes, ahhh-okay...sometimes, it is the pure pattern of bullshit that I acquired in order to
survive in a home where I did not feel safe - not physically, or emotionally.  Thus, when I feel
unsafe, I flee.  It's habit and as Sam would say, "It's not God."  C'est la vie.
I am human.
Only and ever this.
And, this is all we are.
Just Human.
Be-ings Experiencing a Journey.
LIVE  YOUR STORY
N-O-W.
LOVE IS OUR STORY
N-O-W.