Sunday, January 27, 2013

27 ~ LOVE Flies


So, I've been reflecting - maybee, I was booted out of two separate locations in one year because I am supposed to FLY.  Perhaps, this 2013 marks the year of my LOVE World Tour....  I've began where one, ideally, always begins - right here in my own backyard in San Diego at a local Lebanese family's lovely home in Spring Valley.  It's been a bee~autiful experience of sinking deeper into village when I've also been confronted with reflections of a self that I had forgotten about - a quiet, reserved, insecure me who is afraid to take initiative and bee proactive.  This little girl, I will always carry her with me.  It's the natural paradox of bee~ing human.  And, I accept the journey.  Nonetheless, who always remains is a resilient woman who is willing to sit with her discomfort while relentlessly building towards her heart's song.

In the process, I have become an adopted daughter to an amazing family that embodies the values that I hold nearest and dearest.  Time spent together communicating and sharing over Arabic coffee; a family room filled with the raucous laughter of an inter-generational tribe playing together, from volley-soccer to wrestling; and resources abundantly shared as though there is always room for one more, because there is.  Eager to reciprocate, I've led the matriarch of the family through daily stretching and breathing yoga exercises, dyed her hair and made her breakfast, while I've also helped to translate an Arabic homily with the patriarch who is a Catholic deacon and whose mass services I have attended.  Through it all, I've been embraced open armed as family.

Last Thursday night's, "We Have Risen," (click here for the online photo gallery) was an event that I had been building toward.  Now, with the first copies of my first "LOVEBOOK" officially produced it is about time I fly this nest.  And, I am thinking that it is time to fly my bee-loved San Diego nest for a bit, as well.  If you'd love to host this soaring dreamer, let me know.  I am headed to where ever the Universe beckons...