Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On Forgiveness


Here's the thing about bee-ing an Embodiment Artist, it means that I can see and smell my own $hit quite well.  So, when I started talking about the above event, "We Have Risen," which is slated for next Thursday night, January 24th in downtown San Diego, the fact that I was harboring resentment in regards to the actions of another hit me like a ton of bricks.  

The only way I can have the audacity to produce an evening celebrating the work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - and, more specifically, his vision of "Beloved Community" - is if I am willing to stand up and embody his ideas.  FORGIVENESS is an essential part of the process of this being human.  My willingness to forgive not just the actions of others but my own inaction is tantamount. 

So, forgive I did and I do.  I raise my palms up to the sky in an act of both surrender and humility.  "I don't know the answers here," I say.  "I am merely willing to ask questions, listen for guidance and TRUST that all is unfolding exactly as it is meant to."  

In'shala.