Friday, January 11, 2013

ELEVEN ~ doses of LOVE



Surprise!  It's Rihanna, not me.  ; )
I do enjoy my pop music.  I was raised in so Cal after all, yo!
Ain't nothin' like a little sugar pop when I'm opening up the engine on the 5.
Ha!

Here's the thing about LIFE and living one day at a time.  How can one plan months in advance when each moment affects one another and is interdependent like water?
This past Tuesday, I was planning on some conceptual, performance art dance piece, called "Quetzalcoatl" for the Bar Basic gig.  Yet, it wasn't flyin' - Steve couldn't make it, Marlon never called me back and I had no clue what music to use.

So, I breathed and simply remained present to what is.
AND, what is is my experiment in living in village with an already established tribe.
A family that already has its rules and its roles and I'm stepping in as a guest, sleeping in the son's bedroom, and Whew!  It's got me pressed up against the glass of my own face - my insecurities are rife and I don't know how to just bee myself here.  I'm trying...

And, I'm getting bombarded, still, by the illness of another.  At first, you reprimanded me for my harshness, as well as my unwillingness to immediately forgive.  Then, after a week of late-night texts and suicide threats, you understand why I have been feeling the need to protect myself by keeping my distance.  My sisters and brother, however, show up and choose to stand firm in community, rather than allowing sickness to fester.  At first, I say, "No, thank you," but then I recognize that these moments now are BEELOVED COMMUNITY, that there is no ideal moment some time, some place else.  Here, Now.  THIS IS IT.    Nothing more.  Nothing less. 
(LOVE)

Earlier in the week, while working side-by-side, gathering avocados from the tree and beginning to build a pvc-pipe greenhouse, you feel stuck by my questioning you about our becoming lovers.  I kiss you and a truck ambles by, Rihanna's "Diamonds" pouring out through its open window.  The connection clicks and I realize that I want to perform for the Bar basic audience, which is simply me dancing as well as being flown by Lou to Rihanna's top 10 hit.

And, here's the thing about CONNECTION:
8 SHOOTING STARS (as seen on the evening of the last new moon)
8 for BALANCE and the HOURGLASS OF TIME (ideas I've talked about in a recent vlog post).
8 MINUTES (a blog post I recently wrote).
STARS = DIAMONDS In the SKY  (RiRi's song).

LIFE IS MAGICAL,
and

STORY IS MEDICINE.
All we have to do is listen for it.
And allow it to unfold.

"We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
eye to eye so alive we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
shine bright like a dimond shine brought like a diamond
you're a shooting star I see a vision of ecstasy..."