Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY 2013 ~ Your Daily Dose of LOVE (Medicine) now distributed via video!


Another new year and opportunity to wipe the slate clean,
to (re)create a new YOU, a new US, a new Now -
a renewed way of bee~ing in the world.
YES!  I'll take it.

I am enthusiastically exhausted after days spent cleaning up the past,
preparing for what is to come and then running off to the high desert to ring
in 2013 under a star-studded sky where patches of snow dotted the terrain
and rock-outcroppings cut a dramatic swath.

Liberty Advance was chock-full of people for its annual new year's eve party
but, still, I remained desiring quiet, so I took what I needed
and gave very little away.  I am enjoying this shift.

That eastern land is a magical space very near and dear to my heart.
The animal medicine I experience there has been profound.
Years ago, I moved with a mountain lion - keeping myself at a safe distance from its creeping prowl,
I stalked it as it danced and played in the knee-high grass under both a setting, full moon as well as a rising sun on an autumn equinox morning.  Then, just this past August, I brought "the Anchor" up with me for an overnight getaway and, upon our departure, we witnessed a Hawk lifting up from the dirt road with a snake firmly held in its talons.  We both gasped upon seeing it.  "QUETZALCOATL!" I sang.

Last night, as Bee and I strolled along the ambling path, the still night was punctured by the howls of Coyotes.  Wild dogs, one of them had an iconic bark that ended with what sounded like a horse nay.  "They make themselves sound like they are a larger pack than they actually are," Bee shared.  "Smart," I thought.  This morning, as I wandered in solitude, I reveled in the abundance of cougar paw prints, pockmarking the trails they had hardened in the mud.  Feeling the indentations with my own fingertips, I imagined the power of the Puma flowing through me. 

NOW is the TIME.
2013.
Welcome.