Wednesday, January 23, 2013

twenty-three (23) - Sex As Medicine

t


It's a great conversation and it came up today, as I sat with a group of four men, in a bedroom in Spring Valley.  In the video we shot on the spot together, I am holding space for what is and for what is wanting to come through; I am allowing the present to unfold, without trying to force my will, a way or, even, what I think is 'right' (by telling my hard-core feminist to take a backseat when the conversation of the objectification of the female form comes up, for example.  Because, one truth is that sex sells.)

There's also an element in here about the King's dream.  I see 'color' in how it is our unique hues and tones that make us each marvelously different.  And, I have always simply refused to let fear rule my connecting with and to anyone.  Plus, what is there to bee afraid of when it comes to us humans?  After all, we all want the same thing - Sex, Love & Connection.