Friday, January 4, 2013

Daily Dose of LOVE numero cuatro


My feet have carried me across thousands of planet Earth miles.
Each journey has a destination in mind, certainly - a peak to summit, a goal to complete.  Every adventure it's own unique flavor - lessons learned and experiences accrued.  Many travails are tiring.  Some have even been difficult (9-days spent in the New Zealand bush, amongst diverse terrain, on a backpacking trek listed as "Hard" in the manual), yet if I simply kept my feet in motion below me (even with a 3rd degree burn on my thigh!), I would always end up where I/we set out for.
Unlike the hundreds of teenagers and kids (sometimes, even adults!) that I've guided up dirt slopes and undulating switchbacks, I don't bother with complaining about the path.  "Just keep walking," has always been my motto.
JUST KEEP WALKING.