Friday, March 29, 2013

anniversary party

Last night, we celebrated
life

which is what we do here in San Diego -
simply celebrate what is.

I said to my brother Dom while at the Soul Food Sessions
at Mama Tam's fine Thai food establishment in Normal Heights last night -
a successful event that sistar Gina rooted into our local mythology -
that I've surrendered to the wisdom that this is it
and not only is it perfect but it's everything I've ever wanted.
"Yeah," he said, "I know what you mean - I get to live this."  

As I moved around the unfamiliar terrain as though I owned the joint,
I noticed how much my social capital affects the way I am perceived.
Yet, I don't need anyone's attention to feel the LOVE that stirs deep in my bee-ing.
As Brother V. said to his newest ingenue, "This One is a Special Soul."
And, last night, as I lay waiting for sleep to come - too keyed up from the evening
that had transpired to immediately melt into bed - I wondered what would happen if
I actually beelieved that I am exactly that.  (Let's try it!)

Having cut the cord, once more, on the most destructive relationships that I have known in this lifetime, I am feeling more grounded and thus less confused about my movement forward.  There are some relationships that simply need to bee redefined.  I will let time reveal all.

Today, a pyschic at Lady of the Lake confirmed what I've been feeling:
"You were a sound healer in Hathor's temple in ancient Egypt," he told me, indicating that my Spirit Guides wanted me to know this information.  I didn't pay him for his services.  He is a colleague, so he gave this information to me free of charge. 

Last night, after performing my "I've Got Curves" piece, with brother V. on electric guitar (whose band is, of course, named 'Soul Ablaze'), I shared that it was exactly one year to the day since I was bitten by a rattlesnake. 

A full moon,  a serpent's tale, and an evening celebrating the continued unfolding of our shared destiny - a beeautiful journey from i to we and full of Soul.  Now, it's on to teach Kontact Improv at DanceJam! because my roots always need to bee watered.