Saturday, March 16, 2013

saturday morning shenanigans

Life Is.
It just is.
And, this IS truly it...
How often it seems that I've written these statements, along with way too much other stuff, yet how often it seems that I forget to take my own medicine and really embody it.
Like, last year - after my snake bite - I was writing about INITIATION, and how important it is to allow ourselves to experience short-term pain.  Still, however, I continued to perpetuate my own long-term suffering by spending the time since then avoiding the necessary steps that I've needed to take too for far too long now.  Earlier today, Sweet sister L. was congratulatory of my movement forward.  I am most happiest that I have apologized to my sisters for my lack of presence and how, as a result, some of my own rigidity has melted away.  Thank God!

So, tonight, M. shares with me the miraculous work of Gregory Colbert and I am in awe. Holy shnikes.  A thirty-two year study spanning continents while approaching the camera as though it is a musical instrument and making music with animals in which there is no hierarchy ~ all One, truly.  Gregory's work encapsulates embodiment and, dear Goddess, it is a display of exquisite perfection that I dream of.  Wow!~  All I ask is that I can honor the Earth and all of its myriad of creatures with such fine work in my lifetime.  In'shala.

Then, I hopped out of our 33rd Street home and over to Mystic Waters Kava Bar where I grabbed O. and we made a mad dash for DanceJam!  Eveoke was popping with a fresh DJ from the Bay Area as well as Sacred Movement Mistress Eva Clay out of LA.  I wasn't expecting to drop in and dance, but how could I refrain?  And, there I am - amidst my Soul Family, doing what I have done for so many years right here in North Park.  Perhaps, this is it.  And, I am okay with this.  Then, Astarius Miraculii closes our circle for us - breathing the ancient Didjeridoo over our sweaty bodies.  Soul sister Luvlee had recently introduced my to his famous "Spirit Rap" above and, here he was, just passing through San Diego so he made his way over to bless us and our space with his message, which is simple - bee the profound expression of the Universe that you are meant to bee.  Anything less is a dis-service to all of life, everywhere.