Tuesday, March 12, 2013

three TWELVE ~ Daily Dose of LIKE


Oh, Benjamin ~ how often I share your sentiments of "You're Perfect" with others.  It's simple, beautiful and inspiring, yet the world seems hell bent on perpetuating an existence in which "not good enough" is the norm.  It's Judeo-Christian in its roots and capitalism thrives on this tenet.  If we all truly trusted ourselves, as we both recommend, then most of us wouldn't buy the crap that's peddled our way and we sure as heck wouldn't buy into the notion that our salvation lies in death.  So, here we are... just bee-ing perfect.  Or, as I like to say, I am imperfect and, so what?  C'est la vie.  It just is.  Awareness is....

Eleven years ago, we met on an Idyllwild dance floor.  You were one of my first teachers who helped me to elucidate upon what I have always experienced ~ Essence Dancing.  Mine.  Yours.  Ours.  There wasn't an I or a You, per se - there was just this magic dust, lifting up, twirling around, blown about underneath Pine Trees on a mountainside.  But, I didn't know that then.  Your laugh always gave you away, however, as we wandered off to read Rumi on dirt-dusted rocks underneath Arcturus and Spica.  Now, however, I think I understand and the way of the wandering sage beckons...