Thursday, March 21, 2013

Jump into Spring

Mythology/Story makes the world go round

"There are no accidents," he texts, as I wander in to the Lady of the Lake to find a large book that had jumped off of a top shelf and was now laying on its back, awaiting my arrival.  "Notice me," it seemingly screamed.  I bent down, picked it up, turned it over and it's a coffee-table top picture book about Ancient Egyptian Goddesses and Queens.  "Okay," I surrender to the Universe, "what do you have to show me?" I ask the supposedly inanimate object.

While living in the Prosperity Hive in 2011 a powerful woman's circle was facilitated by an elder priestess when I was first introduced to the Egyptian Goddess, Sekhmet.  Dancing, singing and chanting around the square altar Amrita Ananda Ma had erected within the Hive's comforting, yellow walls, I found myself inexplicably drawn to the figurine of a woman's body with a a splayed cobra sitting on top of a lion's head. 

A few weeks ago, while napping in front of a blazing fire at O's place, we both awoke fresh from vivid dreams.  "I dreamed that I was either being shown or reading ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs," she shared.  "It was your hand on my shoulder," she said, about how we had laid side-by-side on the carpet floor.

Poking through dozens of books on the topic, Queen Nefertiti - the Beautiful One is Come - stood out.  "What more do you have to reveal?" I openly wondered.  However, it was a book on Polarity Magic: The Secret History of Western Religion, that really caught my attention.  "King Akhenaten and Queen Nefertiti were a unique example of a man and a woman working in polarity at every level - physical, emotional, mental & spiritual."  This dynamic duo liberated Egypt from the dysfunction of elitism that was breeding greed and untruth.  Together, they reformed the Aten - the sun disk - into a God of no gender that was above all other Egyptian Gods.  Its energy was prana - it was the life-bringer, the life-giver and the ultimate life force. 

King Tut is one of Akhenten's two sons.  Akhenaten and Nefertiti, however, had six daughters together.  The eldest of whom, Maritaten, is believed to have sailed over to the Emerald Isle where faeries were abound (around 1350 BC) and, soon, the Scottish nation was born...

Who knows?