Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Night Fun ~ (fame)


I grew up in the 80s, yo!  Thus, I came home from elementary school and I watched a color television as teenagers took to the New York City Streets sashaying, pirouetting and singing, "Fame, I'm gonna live forever."  I was right there beside them - doing the do & feelin' the feel.  Then, on a 2011 day when a Prosperity Hive buzzed in an East Village and this Queen Bee would stroll into first-name connections with a number of transient men who called those city streets home, she also bumped into an "Irene."  "Hey, together we're Irene Cara," one of them said, as they broke into song and dance right there at F and 14th Streets.  Thus, it is how this tune came to fill the Prosperity Hive's yellow-walled and honey-colored floor space.  Art resonates ~ even after almost thirty years later...

And, tonight, I bumped it on the front room's loud speakers here at the Rooted Living house where I finally, after almost a month and a half of being here, did what I like to do - with my ribcage fully expanded, I belt out lyrics from the pit of my gut as I danced around this small craftsman home with a broom in my hand.  What can I say?  THE WITCH IS BACK.  So, until she feels like fully returning to the computer screen with her face, what always remains is VIBRATION.