Wednesday, December 5, 2012

DESTRUCTION & CREATION

"That was one of the most destructive experiences I have ever engaged in," I lamented to myself, as I sat transcribing my notes from bell's All About Love: New Visions.  However, in the next moment, I remembered how I had just shared with an unaware friend about the true power of Kali Ma - "we must make space, clear out and DESTROY what doesn't work in order for REBIRTH to happen," I said.  "There is nothing to fear."  It's a natural order of things - life, death, rebirth and around again.  (The slithering serpent reminds us.)  

I am listening to the Universe.  I don't have to know "Why."  And, I can endure pain After all, it's what my rattlesnake bite reminded me of; that, throughout time, initiation rites have been used as a reminder of the temporality of these human bodies and of how vital it is to our growth (and, perhaps, to our evolution) that we face our fears of experiencing pain.  Because a life lived without the physical turbulence of growth is a life lived with less LOVE. 

So, I meet up with my sweetest soul sistah, S.  She shares how one of her spiritual teachers has advised how important it is that we are engaging in our spiritual practice everyday - especially as the Mayan calendar continues its blessed countdown.  Although these long winter nights have me desiring to hibernate - it's my body's natural response to our planet's natural cycle - I moved myself over to our shared Encinitas dance space.

At Swami's Park on Sunday, N. showed up and greeted me with such dripping sweetness.  "It's all about PASSION, and the color Red, and the ROOT and our Feminine!" she excitedly said.  "YES!" I reflected, grinning from ear to ear like the Joker I am.  "Welcome, to the End of the World," I said, as I motioned to the grass where dozens of people were gathered.  She hugged me fiercely.  "It's okay.  It's not the end," she cooed into my ear.  I received her warm LOVE as I gazed upon the renewed way that has been long in the coming - pockets of people were sharing that grassy knoll where: a tree trunk has been carved into a Moai sculpture; San Diego's Spiritual Warrior Mitch Gerber leads weekly Falun Dafa practice; my community weekly sits and breaks bread in communion and conversation; men were strumming guitars and singing; young people were slacklining, as my girl Marie flows across the line like pure poetry in motion; and more.  We've been here - waiting for you all to join us.  Now, is the time.  The new world began long ago.  It's simply up to you to remember.