Monday, December 17, 2012

[radical]

(T-5 days and counting...)

On Friday evening, as we celebrated Mysticism and Spirituality at El Centro while, just next door at Balboa Park's World Beat Center, Barrinton Levy was rockin' the ol' water shed, there were some local musicians on hand.  A few of them had played in the Hive when we hosted a legalize Medical Marijuana, Prop 215 Fundraiser & Awareness Campaign event on 02/15/12.  Of course, it is always good to bask in the glow of masculine beauty and talent ~ I'll revel in it any day.  ; )  However, there was one of them - the lead singer of a very popular band, he has fat, flowing dreadlocks and all the "right" threads, including black and whites as he approaches his middle ages - who snickered after Mazatzin had made his passionate presentation about the Mayan calendario.

"Ha!," he sneered.  "Shame on you, Mr. Shaman!  My 13-year-old son would be like "Fuck you, Dad!  I'm sleeping."  We're not going to rise up for anything, regardless of what your calendar says...."  

His cute friends, willing to play along with this ignorant charade of smoke and mirrors, just laughed, enabling this sadly mistaken man's sense of self-righteous ego identity.  Because, in the end, it doesn't matter how beautiful your hair is, how ideal your style, how admired your sound, how followed your beat - an asshole is an asshole is an asshole.  What matters is how we've allowed these illusions of separation to fall to the wayside so that we may truly revel in our divine birthright, which is simply to give and receive LOVE.  To be adored and to give affection.  To be nurturing and acknowledged.  

There is no need for me to carry around any judgments about others and their actions.  I can bless him and send him deep, compassionate LOVE because I understand that his thick walls of defenses - the fortress he has built around his heart - is simply fear and sadness.  He, too, just wants to be held, like a babe once again in his mama's arms.  So, I pray that he allows his self to SURRENDER, and I am on my merry way - which is rich, full and oh so vibrant!

This weekend, my constellation also came back into alignment with another whom I have really known since the Prosperity Hive was born.  That night, on December 4th 2010, Shakti and I welcomed over 200 people to the Hive to revel in connection, dance, communion, community and more.  Naturally, the darkness and shadows also came in through those doors - at one moment even taking with them a huge bite out of my personal light.  (It's taken me a long time to understand that I am a potent sexual healer whose biological responses are most excited by anther's embodiment of fairly destructive tendencies.  And, c'est la vie...)  Thank God A.L. was on-hand this night because he dispensed magic medicine that was a straight beam of purity shot right back into my Soul, immediately replacing what I had allowed to be taken.  I needed him right then in those moments and exactly as he showed up.  

So, we've been engaged in a virtual dance regarding co-creating community ever since.  Last night, he spoke into all of his diverse connections while also mentioning how one of his friends is interested in "urban homelessness."  Soon, we were joined in the expansive kitchen at Las Raices by two of my sweetie pies - early 20-year-old's, one of whom I first met at Occupy in the San Diego Civic Center, and who, along with 25+ others, now occupy a foreclosed home around the corner from Las Raices.  They are a part of my extensive, and diverse, Beloved Community, and have continually engaged in community, communion, dance and connection with us ever since I have lived here. 

Honestly, I am not really interested in all of the smart, little theories, ideas and conspiracies that our small, yet active minds can conjure up.  I just want to LIVE IT.  Radicalism isn't a concept.  IT IS EMBODIMENT - it's the here and now, this heart, this moment, this breath, this beat.  THERE IS NOTHING MORE.  "Rising Up" is choosing to stop convincing ourselves otherwise; as it is this delusion that is making us shoot each other up at elementary schools, in movie theaters and elsewhere.  Let's Stop the Madness - 
Get Our Of Your Mind 
and INTO YOUR HEART.  
There's nowhere else to bee.