Monday, December 10, 2012

hippie

L. accused me of being a hippie on Saturday night.  It's not a first - it's a label that others have been leveling against me ever since I could be found ditching dance class to practice my disc throwing skills in the quad at Sonoma State.  In the more recent past, someone terminated our romantic relationship because of this same reason.  I simply find it humorous; these boxes and the way we discover comfort in compartmentalizing ourselves.  Personally, it all feels way too confining of a space for my expansive Spirit.  I am human, pure and simple.  Although, most of the time, 'animal' may even be the better adjective.  ; )

Nonetheless, I get what is being hinted at - it's a way of being that these others are referring to.  Yesterday, as I stood shaking out a rhythm on the bluff above Swami's Beach as one of SD's old school hippies banged on a dunbek, I danced a merry little jig.  Perhaps, being a hippie simply means that I'll keep on dancing, happily, right unto the end.  And, if ya ask me, that's not a bad way to go.  Though, who's asking?  Rarely ever anyone - yet, that obviously doesn't keep me from sharing.  LR and I also sat on the grass together for a bit, when she mentioned the idea of over-disclosing one's life.  I told her that, although there is a lot about my life that I share here, there is also much about me that is not for public consumption.  It's not so much my shadows I am hiding - it's more of my protecting that which I hold most dear, which is only and ever my relationships. 

And, really, that's what being a hippie means, doesn't it?  
It means that what I value the most is Earth-based, Real-time, Humanimal Connection.   
There's nothing more.  Allowing yourself to be brainwashed by the notion that there is something more than this is, quite simply, denial.   
You deserve to LIVE IN LOVE.  
It is your rightful place as well as your Soul's destiny. 
NOW.