Wednesday, February 6, 2013

And, I Remember...

that I am in love with you.

Tonight, soul sistah D. held deep space .
Rockin' in space and time to laconic beats on an Encinitas dance floor,
we stood, face to face.  "Isolation hurts," we cried into each other's sweet visages.
"It hurts so badly," I whimpered.  "And, we think it's normal."  

After weeks away from the dance floor, my body surrendered into its welcoming embrace.
Melting into its comforting arms, my peers floated around my head, buzzing near my bee-ing in attempts to engage me.  "Let me take care of my self first," my flower asked, receiving the space I needed to simply connect back into me.

I am in love with myself.
Dancing with you helps me to remember.

So, we twirled and we laughed.
Your beauty mirroring my own.  We chuckle at this knowing, together.
Then, David Gray's "Let Go of Your Head, Let Go of Your Heart, BABYLON," comes over the loud speakers, as we circled and crossed each other - dancing the dance of polarity.  And, I remembered:
Europe and living in a Swiss chalet when English lass, and my then roommate, Laura introduced me to Gray's "White Ladder" album.  And, I remembered: all those years spent desiring...
Connection.
Intimacy.
Touch.
Contact.

And, here I am.
Dancing with you....
And, you -
who has been my absolutely favorite dance partner for years now,
I am in love with you.
And, you -
who loves to kiss me and tell me what an amazing woman I am.
I am in love with you.

THANK YOU.
For helping me to remember
that I am you
and you are me.
Our dance reminds me
that I am in LOVE
with LIFE.