Sunday, February 17, 2013

surrendering

Remember that day?  When I held your hands, as you sat across from me at a coffee shop table after we moved through yet another rocky road of triggers and clarification, I looked into your eyes, and said, "Even though I sometimes wish it weren't the case - even though I sometimes wish I could just be separate from you (from all of you) - my truth is that our destinies in this lifetime, here and now, are divinely entwined. "  I know you remember because you have already spoken to me about that December morning.  "It was like you were channeling your intuition," you have since said although our dance has once again become more distant and less connected.  It is only a matter of time until we come back into revolution, however.

And, so, I surrender into not knowing "why" these dances exist or for what their purposes are and so I surrender into my embodied truth that they are all simply meant to bee and that I can withstand the swirling chaos and the tumultuous upheaval.  And so I surrender into my knowing that I can fall down and get back up again.  I can meet you in the middle - time after time - because this is it.  I surrender into my own judgments, of myself - caught up in moments, pointing a finger.  Yet, all who is ever there, on the other side of the looking glass, is ME.  And I surrender into the stillness so that I can dust off the facade and see a little more clearly YOU - unique, different, brilliant, crazy, lovely, hard, hungry, silly, sad, up, down, all around, patient, listening, lost and found, static, cuckoo and obsolete, angry, hurt and judgmental, open, caring and complete, the list goes on.  
And so I surrender into US.