Tuesday, February 26, 2013

(two) twenty-six: Daily Dose of LOVE


turn that frown upside down
just because someone smiles a lot
doesn't mean they're happy
radiance comes from the inside out
I have met too many, too often
who appear jovial and soft, who greet with sweet voices,
and big hugs, yet who are quick to jump into
resentment and frustration when life does not go as they planned.
me? i'm a blank slate, listening and responding, ready and willing,
to meet you
in the middle
and I'm willing to bee judged as otherwise
I'm pushing the envelope and daring enough to not need your applause
or approval, I'm authentically just showing up, as I am
nothing more, nothing less,
take it or leave it, because
the lure of 'easiness' is a tantalizing falsehood
as I too once thought that I could crash into any edge and crumble its facade.
now, however, I have learned, that time is a fluid river, and that I can trust
my ebbing and flowing, my washing up and receding away,
is enough to melt away
and unveil
the truth.