Wednesday, February 27, 2013

(two) twenty-seven: Daily Dose of LOVE


"Thus far, we have shown that the meaning of life always changes, but that it never ceases to be.  According to logotherapy, we can discover the meaning in life in three different ways: 
1.) by creating work or doing a deed; 2.) by experiencing something or encountering someone; and 3.) by the attitude we take toward unavoidable suffering.  The first, the way of achievement or accomplishment, is quite obvious.  The second way of finding a meaning in life is by experiencing something - such as goodness, truth & beauty - by experiencing nature and culture or, last but not least, by experiencing another human being in his very uniqueness - by loving him."  
--Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

Birds, bees & snakes.
Potent symbolism; millennium-old metaphor;
meaning found in the Earth.
Yet, it plays out in Real Time, in this here and now,
if we simply allow ourselves to stop and notice,
to listen and respond.
We don't have to know "why,"
we simply need to honor that it just is,
that THIS IS IT.
Still, some chase after money thinking its meaning,
while others chase fame and glory.
Me?  I am just sitting in Grandmother, allowing it all to unveil itself,
the die has already been cast, our bodies are merely the repository site of our STORY,
filled with allegory and past lives, karma unfolds as our destiny is written in the stars.
The only 'control' we can exert is how we choose to respond in every given moment,
this is where our freedom of choice lay.
Still, along the way, there's You - running with your destruction, purporting that it is all just sense-less chaos.  "Randomly" our eyes meet, magic dances and you call me to you - you want my Medicine, my healing.  Meanwhile, I see your face everywhere I turn, in the streets, on "random" men. 
I am not forcing a way here.  It just is.  I don't know why and I am okay with that.
You brought me to my knees, because meaning, for me, is and always will bee
LOVE.