Thursday, February 7, 2013

Daily Dose of LOVE with Liz of Rooted Living


Preface for the video above: I mention Liz in a number of my videos.  Arwyn and Jedi, our hens from Las Raices, moved here to Liz's home in North Park, where M. & I are subletting.  I have been pestering Liz to make a video together for months now.  Hence, here it is - naturally, it is nothing like I initially envisioned it to bee and c'est la vie.

In the video, it is also with excitement that I announce the launch of Tantric Ballroom Dance Classes on Valentine's Day out of a space located in the heart of San Diego's Gaslamp District - where men and women get dressed up to the nines and parade up and down the avenues, stepping into bars, nightclubs and dance halls, hoping to CONNECT, make contact, find intimacy and/or have sex with each other, all year long.

The space is gorgeous, filled with potential and beat-up - kinda like me, as I am fond of saying.  It is an old, turn-of-the-century, three-story building with wood and brick floors and walls.  Paint of various hues, yellow, red and green, line the narrow passageways of studios where seamstresses, media whizzes and artists of other mediums do their work. 

But until then, there is this now and I feel beat the ^&*( up!  I am having a hard time shaking this headache issue.  Grrrr.... "Loving care for Cara coming right up -  Here.  Now."  YES!  And, I wanted to write about LOVE: about getting to dance on Tuesday night and feeling a bit 'triggered' upon my entrance and, then, channeling this energy into my dance.  I felt pissed off!  "Fine," the thoughts in my bodymind go, "I can accept the highest form of flattery - of your wanting to bee like me - but don't take advantage of my generosity (or others'!)"  In other words, "Don't %^&* with Cara (or her loved Ones!)"  I unfurled my Divine Feminine in my dances with my brothers with fervor and passion.  If you feel inept because you compare yourself to others, then you went home with your tail between your legs on that night.  Do yourself a favor - BEE YOU!  It's what I want, it's what the world needs and it is how you will bee happiest anyway!

And, I have to admit that I LOVE how C. calls me, "Kali Ma."  Today, L. called and he was pleasantly blown away by my voice mail.  When we spoke, he said, "Cara, for years I've judged you and those who have focused on LOVE and happiness, not on money or fame.  And, though I resisted you, I watched you from a distance (via Facebook).  Even then, I felt touched by what I sometimes saw there.  Now, after moving through my own awakening of the past few months, I call and your message tells me that you love me and to bee exactly where I am and, even though I know the message wasn't personally made for me, WOW!  Thank you.  I needed that - now."   

So, when F. inquires about being given money for helping me out even after he let me down last month when I last asked for assistance, I allowed my honest truth to shine forth.  In response, he made excuses, blamed me and had the audacity to call me "Girl."  I hung up on his a$$.  He proceeded to send numerous texts to which I laughed.  "Don't mess with Kali Ma, $%^&*!"
I'M BACK.


p.s. On my first morning officially sleeping here at the first Rooted Living house, I awoke to find a Monarch butterfly perched on the wooden floor of our two-bedroom craftsman.  I carried it out to the porch and placed it on one of the potted broccoli plants where it gathered strength from the sunlight and, eventually, flew off - both to mine and Liz's amazement.  Now, she bakes a large, butterfly cookie-cake in our warm kitchen.  Cheers to LOVE, laughter and Kali Ma!