Monday, February 11, 2013

ELEVEN - I GOT SOUL & IT MAKES ME WANNA DANCE


Enjoy this lil' remix for your back to work Monday blues.
I shook my tail feathers as my way of communing with the Divine (aka Dance Church) yesterday and each time this song came over the loudspeakers my Spirit sang.  During the first rendition, I crawled up into one of my soul sistahs arms as she sat, cross-legged, openly crying by herself.  I rocked us as I sang the main refrain, "I got soul, I got soul," into her damp shoulder.  To close out our morning dance session, DJ God again played this song and this time I was in my your arms - my favorite place to bee - where we danced and hummed, together. 

Riding the coaster up to Encinitas from downtown, I listened to my voice mail where my mother's menacing voice stated that I was evil and two-faced and filled with hate and that I would never bee happy.  And, I can stand her judgment and rejection of me, yet again, because I chose all of this, now, so that my Soul may learn, grow and evolve I am centered in the eye of any storm because I know who I am at my deepest core - I AM LOVE (just like you.)  And, it has always made me want to DANCE.

One of my earliest memories dates back to 1979, when I was about three-years-old and the sound of Gloria Gaynor's voice came barreling out of the stereo system in the living room of my parent's townhouse in Toronto, Canada.  All I remember is that my baby booty began to sway as I was lifted up and carried off on a life raft to a safer shore and away from the chaos of my parent's home.  "And I, I will survive, hey, hey!"  I didn't know then that my life's circumstances were preparing me for a vibrant journey in which metaphor plays an essential role.

ENJOY THE RIDE, my friends.
(No matter what comes.)
Because THIS IS IT.