Saturday, February 23, 2013

drink my blood of courage



"I've been traveling down this river,
so many rocks pop up in my sight,
I gotta make some quick decisions,
should I go left or should I go right?"

It's been a confusing ride, to say the least.
Listening to my Bodymind Soulspirit, I can not deny her call
for which direction to take, I can only follow her lead.

"I pray for guidance and protection
It keeps my boat water tight

And I know if I just keep on believing
Every little thing's all gonna be alright"

For too long, I thought something was "wrong" with me,
given the choices I've always felt compelled to make,
the decisions that I must heed ~ even as intuition, and great Spirit Owl,
hoots her inner knowing. 

"And when I wake up in the morning,
I hope I see you in the light...
And loveliness and tenderness  
And happiness and openness  
And togetherness and loveliness Yeah, yeah

When I first heard Franti's "Yell Fire" album,
this song resonated to my core.  At the time,
my BodyMind was chirping that I leave the relationship
I was in.  I'd hear this song and FEEL something stirring -
a destiny heeding me beyond my fears and out of the false comfort
of my then life. 


"Vampires gather round me,
anglin' to take a bite,
they wanna drink my blood of courage 
and try and take away my fight."

And, even still, the journey has been bumpy. 
It's taken me a few years, a lot of proverbial bruises
as well as an initiation of a bite from the Universe,
for me to arrive here, now, into my understanding my calling.


"But they can't do that no,
for one truth I've learned in LIFE,
you wanna scare away the vampires
you simply guide them into the light."


I am a vampire slayer,
and I will never leave you in the dark.

"When my time is done,
I did some right, I did some wrong..."

This is our millennium-old dance.

"I hope that when my day is over,
my love, I will see you in the light,
yeah."

And I will see you in the light,
forever more.