Sunday, July 21, 2013

Complete Contradiction (C.C.)

In the bat of an eyelash,
it all changes.
And this is good, as I keep
releasing all of my own (mis)conceptions about myself
and "who" I think I am.

"Actually, I have a Sunday practice," I said, after you invited me to experience yours.
Thankfully, you were a little drunk and forgot.
Because today my heart was saying, "Don't rush off to do what you always do,
Cara.  That's the path of safety. (And, rigidity.)"
Explore.
Cast new nets.
Uncover a new you.
"A She who only comes by trying something new on.
And when you completely contradict yourself."
Completely contradict yourself,
over and over again.
You'll bee glad you did.

And you'll just look at your loved Ones,
shrug your shoulders and say,
"You're right, I did say that.
I SIMPLY CHANGED MY MIND."
Again and again and again...