Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Still Singing

One of my favorite Mario Torero pieces

Discomfort brews.  We withhold our tongues.  And a teakettle starts to boil.
I can let it go.
Or, I can stake my claim.

This weekend, I commanded.
"An Emergency House Meeting!" is in order.
And, it's not comfortable - leaning into the tension or the fear.
Yet, it is what must be done if LOVE is truly to lead the way

"You're sweet," KT leaned in to me and said. "I'm more Kali," I replied, "sweet and bitter."
We laugh.
What else is there to do?

White Buffalo Calf Woman has ridden hOMe.
She wears Red. 
And, she will turn you to dust with her
breath of fire
if you dare objectify Her or perpetuate misogyny.

"I HAVE COME TO BRING PEACE," She says. 
 Meanwhile, I finally melt into my knowing that this Dark Feminine - this essence that has always guided my way and courses through me - isn't scary.  The Black Madonna does not abuse.  

So I feel all of my swirling chaos (as "I must give birth to that Dancing Star," -- or so said Nietzsche), and then I scroll through four years worth of photographs stored on my eleven year-old computer's hard drive.

Smiling people.  Creative beeings.  Expression.  Connection.  Dance.  Joy!  Sustainability.  Contact.
Organic Food.  Art.  Activism.  Music.  Song.  Dance.  Gardens.  Farms.  Flowers.  Bees.  Innocence.
Industry.  PROSPERITY!
So many ah~mazing, beeutiful beeings. 
San Diego and LIFE at its finest!  
And, I am warmed from the inside out.  LOVE spreads across my abdomen and rises from the deep pit of my guts.
I LOVE San Diego.
I LOVE...
I LOVE.
I AM.

p.s.
Kate Sessions is here too, and she wants you to know that her middle name is "Olivia." 
Meanwhile, Eleanor Roosevelt is still singing, 

"YOU MUST DO THE THING YOU THINK YOU CANNOT DO."