Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wrong in All the Right Ways (on 7/4)



Two of my housemates are currently begging for me to play Pink's tune.
It's been a theme song my entire adult life for
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN 'WRONG' IN ALL THE RIGHT WAYS
and when this pop hit hits the airwaves, I drop right into melody and beat,
time evaporates, this now pulsates, and I AM.
 
A case in point is how my over-zealousness and excitement gets me running forward, without asking for permission, quite often.  Although my intentions are usually pure, my inadvertent pushing of edges makes some people quite uncomfortable.  And, c'est la vie.  All I want to do is bee human and celebrate as the unique freak and  pungent flower that I am!  You are welcome to join in - buzzing with your own vibrant tune.  In fact, it's what I desire the most ~ a cacophony of our collective song and dance (because there's nothing more). 

Our Treehouse now buzzes with the energy of movement and people communicating.
Still, there is a reflection here that is hard for me to swallow - in it, I see a lot of pain and sadness as I judge glimpses of my shadow.  So, I took this BodyMind of mine on my morning stroll to visit "Grandma" (a 100+ year old Ficus Tree that sits above the city of San Diego) on that Golden Hill, and as I walked I reflected on 'COMPASSION.'  "What you are seeing," I told myself,
"could be a future you, Cara."  I sank into that and then I went even deeper -
"what are you calling in for yourself?"  "WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
INTIMACY.  CONNECTION.  TOUCH.  DEPTH.  HONESTY.  TRUE LOVE.

As well as all of the tribe and village, song and dance, that surrounds me.
 
On that grassy knoll, I offered my practice as my neighbors ran their laps around me.  
Shortly, I return hOMe to share my findings and to embody the LOVE that I have always dreamed of.   So, Raise Your Glass... and Dance on this July 4th ~ TRULY CELEBRATE YOUR INDEPENDENCE.  (Egypt, Turkey and the rest of the world will bee glad we did.)
 
"So raise your glass if you wrong
In all the right ways, all my underdogs
We will never be, never be anything but loud
And nitty, gritty, dirty, little freaks
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Just come on and come on and
Raise your glass!"  --Pink