Saturday, July 6, 2013

Like CRYSTAL

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.  One must imagine Sisyphus happy."  --Camus

Myth and reality unite
the burning flame of timelessness
rises and shimmers in the light.
"It's like the tale of Sisyphus," I tell her,
"we create meaning by how we choose to respond
to the giant boulder that we have each been given
to roll up that proverbial hill in life."
And all of my own tears and sadness
which have continually cut their swaths of joy
cry out.

It's one, huge cacophonous movement of sound and expression
of brilliance and color,
love and surrender.
I have known nothing else.

This song has always been sung,
the only difference now is that its tune is ready and waiting to bee lifted
above the veil and the fog
beeyond the sands of time and into the annals of whatever is to come,
whatever is to come.  

Trusting in this warm heart, feeding this nutritious ball of fire
that burns burns burns
is burning me from the inside out.
My inner knowing has always known.
I know for what I dance for.

The confusion and the chaos has receded,
my inner child now gently protected by a fierceness,
a parent that remains patient and calm.
Still, the darkness and the fear
is lovingly offered space
to co-exist and bee
for we all deserve,
we all deserve. 

And the hand of time plays out,
"And I, I will survive,
hey hey!"