Wednesday, July 3, 2013

TRUE LOVE, take 2

Let the Independence Day celebrations begin!
Mine has started with a BANG (after waking up from a dream in which I ran, full-force, into the raving madness of an evil creature whose hands were full of slashing swords!)
Where to go to from here?
(UP!)

A few snippets in time spent massaging the energetic, physical and auric fields of local mentally and physically challenged ("MPC") children and I am spaciously FULL - sitting with a fine meal of music, dance, connection and expression lovingly offered.  It's Medicine to my Soul, and I can only pray that it is also a balm offered and received by others, including our planet.

On the car ride over, S. inquired as to how my most recent experience in communal living is finding me.  "It's Ah~mazing," I replied.  "I live inter-generationally.  The youngest is 10 months old and the oldest is, well, let's just say that he is a silver-haired, ol' bard, with two teenagers who stay with us part-time.  Although we had some issues arise over the weekend, we moved through our discomfort with authentic communication."  "Yes, this hOMe is awesome," we three, single women shared the other night, "and there is always room for improvement." 

Soon, we arrived at our destination where we were ushered into a local "Jane's Room" - a multi-sensory classroom space designed to meet the needs of MPC children.  We were greeted by a sweet friend and local music therapist whom I have known since the days of the Prosperity Hive and who spends her working hours cultivating harmony in the hearts and bodies of under-served people.

As Todo Mundo launched into their rousing, acoustic renditions of their organic melodies and soft rhythms, I reveled in the full allowance (finally!) for me to just bee myself - clanking the bangles on my left arm, shaking a shaker in my right hand, tossing my big hair from side to side, sounds emanating from my belly, lyrics and words emerging from my throat, a cacophony of sound and movement with full permission - actually, with encouragement for more! - to be multi-sensory and embodied!  YESsssssssssssssssssssss.

And, I feel it all - swirling and rising, bubbling and oozing.  Celebrating three years, to the day, of a beeUtiful friendship, learning along the way about loyalty and true LOVE - which is offered from a spacious expansiveness in which fear and scarcity have been shed and all that remains is presence.  It's the Greatest Gift of All.

Then, I return hOMe, where moms and naked babies lay on a wooden floor receiving a yoga class from a local teacher and where I recall, just yesterday, sitting on a cajon (drum) as a local Irish band practiced their tunes and I pretended right along with them.   
LIFE IS BEE-U-TYFULL, INDEED.

And, "TRUST" is what she tattooed on her foot those two years ago.