Thursday, June 27, 2013

Celebrate & Elevate

Yesterday began with news of how California's Defense of Marriage Act had been
shot down.  "Unconstitutional" it was finally declared.  YES!  Love Wins!
As I scanned the front page of the Huffington Post, I detected a number of other life-affirming posts.
"Anti-Abortion Bill Dead on the Texas Floor" YES!  And, there was this video...of four babies - a chimpanzee, a wolf pup and two tigers, all playing together in harmony.  This sweet clip brought tears to my eyes.  YES!  June 26th, 2013 was a day for celebration.  And, as I briefed myself on my Facebook newsfeed this morning, I noticed how many of us felt the collective shift in our elevated consciousness yesterday. 

So, we celebrated with my walking over here to my soul sistar O's where we enjoyed an organic lunch of greens and homemade pesto as well as worked side-by-side - me on our two computers and her a much-needed nap on the couch.  Once the heat of mid-day had past, we headed west, towards the beach to dive in and cool off.  While we laid under a southern sun's warm, summer rays, with me on my sarong and her in the sand, I laughed heartily as I watched my new friend M. stroll along the shore.  Catching each other from a distance, we waved and he soon joined us. 

I met him a week ago; a strong, younger brother keen to join me for hours of smash ball and curious about my life and all of the beauties who make up my tribe.  "Join us!" I told him and he did, arriving at Dance Church on Sunday, unknowing yet willingYesterday, he was in Ocean Beach to meet up and practice Acro-Yoga with a gorgeous, young woman he had met at Dance on Sunday.  "PERFECT," was the song playing out in my bikini-clad BodyMind.  And, I just laugh.  "It's just like us, O,"  I told her.  "When I tried to force friendship between us it wasn't working - literally, our time wasn't coinciding.  Yet, when I just went about my life with trips to Sprouts! and People's, there you were."  "Yeah," she responded.  "The Universe always decides," we agreed.

Eventually, we made our way through the Wednesday afternoon's Farmer's Market, munching on apricots, blueberries and Bolivian nuts, oh my!  A local "Ukrainian" Gypsy band was rocking that infamous street corner - a favored dance floor for years now.  We dropped in, doing what we do - feeling and bee-ing the moment and the music.  Divine Instruments ~ LOVE Flows Through.  And, there you are - a beautiful man I had mentioned to O.  You stroll up just like I figured would happen, one of these days eventually.  Our chemistry palpable and our honesty unabashed.  We meet, we connect, we dance, we part.  Perfect.