Monday, June 17, 2013

dolphins dance


dolphin image found here
"It's Sumer* time!" the Bringer of Light recently texted.  Though, with Father's Day, his texts were much bigger proclamations.  "I AM," they read, "the Sun."  Our last phone conversation centered on Him, an ancient King re-born, he must reunite with his Divine other half.  She is, perhaps, every young man (and woman's) modern-day Nefertiti, a precious pop star who inspires new hair trends by day and who, by night, drinks herself into a forgetful oblivion. 

As always, I remain open to it all as I simply practice LOVE with as many who I allow entrance, and vice-versa, into the deep caverns of my HEart.  When I had informed that, of course, I was practicing polarity magic - here and now - his eyebrows raised.  Nonetheless, there is some vision in his mind that keeps him preoccupied, not present ~ unavailable"Your Queen is within YOU," I silently shout.  Yet, best I can ever do is to EMBODY it all as a model my Self.  

DANCE is the space and time when I do exactly this.  I am a KING to my sisters as I lift and twirl them around a dance floor while openly and authentically celebrating their sacred sexiness.  And then, as I surrender the totality of my weight and give my essence to my brothers, I witness their royalty rising once more in the act of supporting and honoring my Divine Feminine.  It's a beautiful balance, like dolphins diving over and around each others' slick bodies.  "And around and around and around, we go...tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, you know." 

At the conclusion of our two-hour dance church session yesterday, our diverse group of fathers were invited into the center of our large circle where we listened to them offer words of wisdom and, then, we sang to them the reminder that they are hOMe - both in our hearts and in this very moment, now.  A few women were bereft with tears and memories for the fathers they have lost in this lifetime.  I felt strangely at peace even with the knowing that my own dad was only ~20 miles away, continuing to choose a life with little meaning yet with all the modern-day contraptions and with a woman who has spent 40+ years emotionally abusing - castrating - him, over and over again.

Afterward, C. and I enjoyed a hearty breakfast of Americana at Honey's Cafe.  As we set foot in the downtown Encinitas establishment, RiRi's voice comes over the airwaves - like clockwork.  I stood there transfixed, straining to listen over the din of so many consumers, caught in between reality and mythology. 

At the beach, I dropped into my warrior goddess with hours spent playing smash ball on the shore.  Little compares to chasing after balls... though, being chased comes in close at second.  Close to sunset, we ran and dove into the ocean.  Jumping onto your slick back, I asked you to bee my dolphin - as we caught waves and were tumbled like clothes in a drier.  We just laughed.  And your sweetness drips like the salt water off of our wet bodies as we conclude another phenomenal day with vegan junk food and boatloads of laughter.  "I want you to stay..."


*Sumer ~ Ancient Babylon where women's birth of language, numbers, plant identification & more gave rise to agriculture.

**DOLPHIN MEDICINE READING HERE